Geekz Computers Inc. Warranty and Return Policy
Updated: March 8, 2016
Computer Systems and Laptops
- 1 Year In-Store Warranty on Parts and Labour
- Labour includes replacement of parts under warranty and is not applicable to software errors, viruses, malware or software not supplied by Geekz Computers Inc.
- 1 Year from manufacturer. 2 years on certain models. Please ask an associate for details.
- Warranty for ASUS laptops is handled through ASUS. Please see the warranty book/card that came with the laptop for more information.
- Some models come with ASUS Accidental Damage Protection (ADP). This is at the discretion of ASUS themselves and not covered by Geekz Computers Inc.
- To activate the ASUS Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) warranty the end user must register the laptop with ASUS. The information to do this can be found on the warranty card with the laptop or at http://notebookcare.asus.com/
System Components and Parts
- Laptop power adapters - 60 days
- Laptop batteries - 180 days
- Laptop screens (installed by Geekz Computers Inc.) - 14 day dead pixel, 180 days for backlight.
- Fans, cables, adapters (video, audio, data, network) - 30 days
- Computer components; DVD drives, hard drives, processors, RAM, video cards - 1 year from Geekz Computers Inc.
- Standard ATX Power Supplies - 12 months
- Refurbished items carry a 60 day warranty from Geekz Computers Inc.
- Some items may have extended manufacture warranty that is above the warranty period covered by Geekz Computers Inc.
Applicable to all returns:
- All items MUST be returned in same condition as originally purchased, with original packaging and package contents.
- Items that have been physically abused or mistreated, or used above regular intended use will not be eligible for return.
- Per management discretion, additional restocking fees may apply if any of the above conditions are not met.
- Items that are to be returned must either be returned with an original receipt or the original customer name must be in our computer system for returns. Returns and warranty are nontransferable and valid for the original purchaser only. ID and original receipt may be required.
Up to 30 days from date of purchase: Full Refund
Items over 30 days of purchase will require manager approval for return.
Special Order Items
Special order items may only be returned for a full refund if non-functional (testing to be performed by employees of Geekz Computers Inc.)
Per management discretion, special order items may be returned within 2 weeks with a 40% restocking fee applied if the item is deemed as saleable.
Specialized Computer Systems and Laptops
Any custom-built systems and custom-ordered laptops may be returned within 14 days for a full refund.
Custom-built computer systems and custom-ordered laptops may be returned up to one month after purchase date, subject to a 10% restocking fee.
Specialized computers systems and laptops are classified as:
Any computer system or laptop that is sold with the item name/SKU as CUSTOMCOMPUTER on the invoice or sales receipt
Any computer system or laptop that is sold with the item name/SKU as SPECIALORDER on the invoice or sales receipt